Monday, September 7, 2009

Terrible Twos : Come Early

I started writing this SEVEN months ago... 7. Damn.

I'm breaking out the parenting books. We were going along swimmingly and it's all a shift. There are temper tantrums, jumping up and down, crying, screaming if the word N O is uttered. There is destruction and mayhem if homeslice doesn't get what she wants and she will not be that girl. We will not be those parents (yes. I'm judging.)

That being said, I am convinced we are alone with discipline here. Through out the day I am 110% sure she is getting what she wants when she wants it. I have talked about discipline a lot, how to do it, why to do it, when to do it - but the more L freaks the more it shows me that she isn't getting it anywhere but from me. Short of flipping my household upside down, it is what it is until the end of the year. I know Cat loves L but she isn't helping her grow or learn to be a good little girl, or a little girl that can be tolerated on day where she doesn't get everything she wants.

7 months later - we're still getting up from the terrible two monster and we're less than a month away from the big day. It takes a village to raise this kid, it's just too bad the whole village isn't on the same page. There are temptations everywhere - for her and for us but we'll get there. And if all else fails she'll be 3 soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Big G is 6. The terrible twos are starting to fade...into the mouthy tweeniness of a grade schooler.
    Start having a glass of wine each night. Makes it easier to recover and forget.
    No - Really.

    ReplyDelete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.