Monday, February 1, 2010

Sand Pail & Shovel Sub: Needed

City living had it's challenges - as does (semi)country living. The first snow, this year, was an interesting one. Of course C was traveling. Of course. And of course daycare was canceled - but I had a busy day of work. That's how I roll.

I found myself in a bit of a predicament. Here I was with so where to bring my child and no way to get out of the house to get her somewhere.

Luckily, we have a plan B with the bombshells. Check, one problem solved. Now for problem 2... how to physically get OUT of the house.

Since the only shovel we had at the time was the long time companion to L's sand pail I went with another option. There I was - with child bundled up so tight she couldn't walk, sweeping my way out of the driveway. It all worked out we got there ok and luckily the rain came to melt away the snow but that morning I was once again reminded how lucky I am to have C to help out in cases like this. Turns out we HAD a shovel - that I didn't know about. He would have known and would not have resorted to sweep his way out of the driveway.

Oh well. There are several ways to skin a cat - mine is just ass backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.