Thursday, May 20, 2010

Who IS This Girl?

There are a lot of things that confuse me about L. Blond hair, blue eyes, super tall, albino white skin. If she didn't look like C would if he were an adorable little girl or make my facial expressions every once in awhile I'd swear I picked up the wrong child.

Her girliness is no different. It is no joke. She loves pink and purple, dresses and HEELS.  No seriously, she loves to wear heels. I repel heels.   Every once in awhile I forget how different we really are and then BOOM I'm smacked upside the head with a love of heels.

The last few days she's been chatting about getting her nails done.  We aren't 100% sure where she got this notion from.  In the babysitting room at C's gym he thinks there is a little girl with nail polish. Next thing I know she is asking daily about her dang nails.  It's kind of too cute so off I went to the store, because lord knows I don't have any nail polish up in this piece.

Oh that and she wanted blue.
BLUE.

What's a mom to do but make sure her girly girl smiles like she does when she gets a look at her painted nails. As soon as she got her nails done - she asked Dora (on DVD) if she liked her nails.  Then she took a long stare at her hands, looked at her Daddy and pronounced - "Daddy. I need rings." 

There's my girl.

Now he is trying to get her to say - "If you like it then you better put a ring on it" Awesome. The teachers will just love this tomorrow


5 comments:

  1. How cool is it going to be for her when she grows up and gets to read back on this blog, these videos, etc? Beats all the yellowed-photo albums we all have. Well done mama!

    PS I still think you have the cutest kid ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know /I just hope she likes it as much as I do. I want to get each year printed - a story book of our life... just haven't gotten around to that yet. The best laid plans!

    PS. I agree. She is. PPS. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is the cutest and how lucky she is to have such a cool MOMMA! Love the idea of the year diary...you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so big and so cute and such a good talker! I loved this video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - I seriously need a daughter. She is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.