Friday, November 5, 2010

What will you be for Halloween tomorrow?

The kid asked me the other night what we will be for Halloween tomorrow. This year was a great year for this family. It all came together and Tink had a plan, she skipped houses that weren't bright with welcoming candy giving light or that seemed to have a line. She knew it was a matter of getting in and out, all the while putting on her charm to hustle the fool behind the candy bowl into providing two treats instead of one.  She is no fool.  She also knew to skip any houses that seemed to have "lines" or crowds. Such a different from years past.  


Of course her first Halloween, it was just about making sure she was adorable, CHECK.  In year two, still no candy but dressing up fun. Last year though, her first year trick or treating, is my favorite memory.  I realize though, I didn't mention it last year. 


The following are the top 5 reasons I loved Halloween last year, and it will still remain my favorite, despite how kick fairy wings, this year was. 


1.  Seriously. Adorable. Child. A gnome? Can you stand it? 



2. We dressed up as a family. 




3. Some of the costume was homemade to boot. Sure those felt hats don't look like much, but I remain fingerprint-less due to some severe causalities in the war between me and the hot glue gun. Even Nana Lu got one! I only remember her being a serial 'punk rocker' utilizing a random rainbow colored wig I wore for a dance recital. That wig came out every Halloween, for I'm sure 10 consecutive years. OH if only I had a picture of that. 



4.  Speaking of Nana Lu, it was a pretty great night to have my mom here.  She babysat for us the night before, I think but stuck around to be able to take her first grandchild trick or treating for the first time. There aren't a lot of firsts of firsts going around, so it was pretty cool, if I do say so myself.



5. The experience of trick or treating with a two year old. 


Trick or treating went a little like this:


L walks down the street, we walk up to the door. We ring the bell or knock on the door. Door opens, person remarks at the (obvious) cuteness of the girl. Usually mistaking her as an elf, despite the CLEAR gnome qualities.  Girl remains quiet, sometimes smiles. All adults (3:1) prompt her to say "Trick or Treat." Girl ignores. Adult smiles, provides candy. We say "thank you" and walk away. Anywhere between 3 and 5 seconds on our trip back to the sidewalk, to hit the next house, we get the loudest and clearest outburst from the girl:

TRICK OR TREAT!!!!!



With out fail, walking away from the house it would kick in to say it and with out fail, she wouldn't say it when faced with the candy bowl in her face. It made me laugh each time. She makes me laugh. My first born jumping into her first trick or treating experience, figuring out that you may not get it right - but dressed up with a smile that won't quit - you'll get some goodies. That will forever be one of my favorite Halloweens.


THIS POST IS PROUDLY LINKED UP WITH THE SITS GIRLS HALLOWEEN EVENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.