Friday, June 8, 2012

7 minutes in heaven or 15 on a shuttle bus

8 years ago, a week or so ago (the 30th) I was hours deep into a crush and realization that a guy who always been one of my favorite people could perhaps be my most favorite person, ever. Wink. I've told the long story, but the good part, the really good part, is always the first part. 

8 years ago our mutual friends were getting hitched. Side note on those birds? They were friends in high school and found each other in a new light years later. Secretly crushing, for what possibly could be years. Just like us. Secretly crushing, until the right moment.  

Our right moment was at the wedding.
Standard wedding table photo, with a side of love blooming.
Lee and her betrothed got married over Memorial Day weekend in 2004. The wedding weekend was amazing. Fun. It was the group of friends you know you will slip right into the best time ever, either way. It was was a time in our life when we weren't inundated by weddings, when they were the most fun.  A reunion. Word on the street was Christoph was coming to the wedding. He was a mutual friend of the group that guaranteed the best time, ever. We always had the best time together.  When I heard he was coming, I knew it would be a good time. 


We spent the weekend together, as we were part of a few not needed for the day to day wedding party responsibilities.  As anticipated, it was a good time. We laughed, all weekend. Best. Time. Ever. When we hung out? We had the kinds of laughs where your face hurt. Serious injury of fun.

And I'm not entirely sure when it happened, but at some point through out the weekend - I knew. I knew there was something there. Like a magical something. We were at a wedding, so there was fun. There was dancing, there was drinking, there was an open bar and I don't want to blame it on the a a a a a alcohol, but I can't say it didn't help.



There was this moment, on the way home. This special, open bar induced moment, that no one is sure who initiated, but we kissed. Really kissed.  And then the next thing we knew, we were thrown out of the moment to hear an audience. "Guarro & Coleman (our nicknames) are making out!" Dare I say, this was bigger news than the wedding itself.


Who needs your eyes open to see love?
We made out a bit more, once we got back to the hotel. Totally classy. First base and nothing else, though we tried to hide in a bush or something thinking that would help the paparazzi.There is more to our love story, but not worth telling - because not much out does making out in the back of a shuttle bus.


And that, my friends, is how we found each other.


Best damn wedding ever. Best damn love story ever. Best damn guy.

2 comments:

  1. I love your storytelling, but I especially love your love story! Congrats on finding your true love-both of you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why, thank you my dear!! Finding true love really is the best. ;)

      Delete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.