Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gifts for You, Gifts for Me

We usually don't break out the Christmas big guns so early, but after a weekend full of fun with the family, in their absence I wanted to make sure the kids (specifically L) could continue to let the good times roll.

We are huge holiday fans. And each year between me pillaging the clearance aisles and gifts from family we are really putting together a wondrous hodgepodge of Christmas crap spirit. This includes a bunch of music playing tchotchke. Including, but not limited to a piano that plays "Deck the Halls."

L comes out dancing to the jingling and the jangling and with all her Christmas spirit she bursts out:

"I know this song! I LOVE IT. One for you and one for me - you you you me me me - BLACK FRIDAY!"


No, YOU let your kid watch so much television she recognizes a song that dates back to the 16th century as a Target commercial. 

Consider this my application for Mother of the Year.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That is hilarious. Also, this commercial drives me bonkers. Because of it, I now understand why some families go commercial free during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.