Friday, December 7, 2012

Good news, bad news: the holiday card edition

Good news: I am obsessed with mail. We have the best damn holiday card, ever, each year. If I do say so myself. And I do. Toot toot. Beep beep.

No. Serious.


Bad news: there is a lot of pressure to keep up with the amazing nature of the year before. Sure, it's self-inflicted. Sure, no one is waiting by their mailboxes for our genius... no one probably even notices how amazing our cards are... but you know who does? ME. I do. Every year I usually have some kind of idea brewing. This year? I got nothing. Nadda. And when I bring this up... I get "you haven't printed your cards yet?"

Um. No.

I have a few ideas, but they require the kids to make specific faces and do what I need them to do. Let's be honest here: as adorable as they are, doing what I tell them to do is not going to happen.

Another part of the rub, is I have these gorgeous family pictures that we had taken. They are amazing.  We all look cute. We are all looking at the camera. We are in semi-coordinating colors but not catalogey (sorry. no offense, you.) They are beautiful. However after years of funny, different, and surprising... how can I just send cute?

-Desperately trying to find the next great holiday card

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting. Pressure is on. Ines

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I can commiserate. I just ordered my cards and am praying they arrive in time! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.