Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lennie: v. to love something so much that you over do it, killing it, unintentionally*

I've been known to be in the company of those who Lennie.  I'm not proud to say it, but I occasionally Lennie a situation. I can't help it. I love it so hard and so much what other option do I have? Love it responsibly? Hell to the no.

I find a song I love; I play it over and over again, on repeat. I'll read a book that I love, for days. I won't put down. I become entirely too obsessed and will read for days straight, never breaking to talk to a person or sleep. Or I'll love a story so much (not for the writing, so much as the story it tells) I'll read it. Again and again, despite it being a young adult series (whatever, I love their love, it doesn't have to make sense to you). I'll get started on a TV series and since every episode is available the next thing I know I have watched a season of 24 in, that's right - you've guessed it, 24 hours. Sometimes some thing is so funny, I watch it over and over again. Most times, I take things too far.

Exhibit A.

A few years ago, someone passed along this ridiculously hilarious video. It's especially funny if you or anyone you love is from the Island. (Long Island).


And it's a holiday tradition. Pick up that shit around the tree and all. I can't help but play it. A lot. And while I try not to highlight that specific part. It may be a casualty of the holiday & humor. There is even a song. I may have it on my holiday play list.


When we go to get our tree? We call Nana Lu & play the video. We talk in the voice with her, throughout the holiday, going to get the tree, sitting in front of the tree, saying goodbye to the tree. When we pass strangers on the street, we roll down our windows, honk and say "Hurry up! We're going to get the tree. C'mon!"  It's what we do. As the kid gets older, I should probably watch the language... but really? What's the benefit of that? If I did that, I wouldn't get this. 

Photo, me & Instagram. Genius of putting captions ON said photo,
Brenna over at Suburban Snapshots.


This video? It's kind of just the beginning. I may or may not be on a quest to really do the original right. But in the meantime I can't help to but share my gaw-jess girl.

*I'd credit the person who thought of this description, but alas she wouldn't like that. Due to the inability to credit another: I'll say I didn't come up with this term, but I'm taking it. And making it mine. And loving it. And squeezing it & likely over using it until it dies.

2 comments:

  1. Guess what we did tonight? We got the tree! Come ovuh! We got the treeeeeee...I could never go back to the Island, but I'm proud to call it home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting the tree this weekend, was the best idea. Ever. EVER. Oh the Island, indeed.

      Delete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.