Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Surrender


I never quite addressed what happened to my car during my chapters of information about the Meeting that Never Was.  Apparently there is a coil that was busted and most of the parts (spark plugs etc) the original ones so all those needed to be replaced -  I guess the tune ups would have been helpful.  Car fiasco one ran me about 700.  Which if I'm being completely honest, since it's the first time I've had to pay for something to be fixed, for the most part, I'm thinking that's not too bad.

Until my car broke. Again.

I broke the lock this time. It was Friday afternoon and I took the late afternoon for some much needed quiet time.  I went to the movies, one of my favorite things to do alone, and skipped to my car. Happiness. 

I unlocked the door, heard something click... but kept smiling. 

That's when it started and the smiling, just for a moment, stopped. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. 

Whatever I clicked is something in the door lock and now my car alarm is on constantly. 

Friday I drove that sucker right into my garage, shut the door, and hoped for the best that either the battery would die or it would stop after awhile and it did. Monday,  I had to drive it to the shop. The whole way - BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.  

I pulled up. Gave the guy my keys- he asked what was wrong. Keep in mind, I'm the only person in the lot, in the shop and if you missed it - my car is still beeping. I look at the car- look at him. Look at the car. Look at him. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.  

I tell him my alarm is broken, he says, "What do you mean broken?"

Again. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. 

Seriously. 

I say, "Well... is it supposed to do that uncontrollably? OR shouldn't I be able to turn it off?"

He says, "I guess turn it off."

He guesses. This is what I am dealing with. Here's to hoping they call me today to tell me it's all set and gosh golly - it's on the house!

1 comment:

  1. Oh geez Jenn. Your broken car tops my sore boobs. Although both have been induced by work travel. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.