Friday, July 30, 2010

Recipe for Fun : Beer Margaritas

Beer Margaritas
You are thinking to yourself, "Self, she must mean beer AND margaritas." You'd be thinking wrong. Yummo, Thank YOU, Rachel Ray. Thank. You.

We alter the recipe slightly but in all the right ways, if you ask me. Why measure out 8 oz of Jose when you can just use the limeade can to put a few more ounces of spirit into your fun.

You need:

  • Four 12-ounce bottles cold light-flavored beer (I recommend Bud Light. Not just because BL is my D.O.C. It's just right. Trust me).
  • 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
  • 1 can (12 ounces) tequila
What you do:
  • In a large pitcher, combine the beer, tequila and limeade. 
  • Optional: Rub a lime wedge around the rim of each of glass and dip it in the salt. Pour the margaritas into the glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
  • Optional: Make sure the glass is freezing freezing cold OR add tons of BIG ice cubes.
  • Mandatory: Enjoy. Try not to. I dare you.
  • Side effect: Immediate cure to Mommy crises of small to medium proportions. *
*Disclaimer: No I don't think drinking is the real and true answer, but it sure doesn't hurt. It's the dang truth.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man I gotta try this. Thank you Jenn. Thank you very much! Lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued and trust you entirely, even though it sounds weird. I just know you wouldn't lead me wrong on something like this. I'll be rooftop poolside this afternoon and might just have a pitcher of these on hand. Could it get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could it get any better? Perhaps not having to wake up early with the bambini. Pitcher(s) of beer margs & being able to sleep late may be heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.