Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Making an Entrance

Ever since I saw the series premier of Modern Family I've wanted to be in a scenario to walk into a room, holding up something singing:

Nants ingonyama bagithi
Baba Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama Siyo Nqoba Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

What am I talking about? Are you having a seizure? No. It's the opening scene of the Lion King. Obviously, I googled the words - because if you were to ask us it is:

Awwww
She-angway
Shaniqey-wha
Cha-gong-gong


Here's how Modern Family does it:


L saw The Lion King in the theatre and LOVED.IT. We got her the movie - for no reason, just for being an awesome kid. Fine, we also we wanted to watch a movie we haven't seen 1958 times - I'm looking at you Tangled. To show her she was going to own the classic - the ball & chain walked into the kitchen singing. I wish I had my camera out because L had a deep belly laugh and loved it. Then she wanted to try.

Here is her rendition:



We do things big around here. Now most everything, we are raising above our heads singing... it's not old (yet).

3 comments:

  1. This is laugh outloud. Reading it, and watching it. Not once but twice. Back-to-back. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need C to record his rendition so I can add it to my phone as a ring tone. For reals. I'm not kidding. Next time I see you. Get ready, get excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris might've missed his calling. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.