Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pin It Girrrl

I have a problem. 

If I see it, I wanna pin it. My problem is I see something and I take it too far. I just can't help it. Take for example this cute little ditty.

I mean how perfect? 
  • Jars which are recycled - good for the environment AND the wallet?!
  • Organization is the key to happiness.
  • Cute. How. CUTE.
  • Different. Don't get me wrong. I'm not ashamed of the fact that 85% of our house could be a show room in Target or Ikea - but it's nice to have something different that you won't see at the store.

Here's the rub:

I don't know when to say "when." Our kitchen was being taken over by jars. Jars, jars, jars. 
  • Jars that were ready to put stuff in, but no stuff to put IN them. 
  • Jars that needed to be scrubbed - because labels are a biotch. 
  • And somewhere in-between, but still IN our tiny kitchen.  Jars, jars everywhere. I completed the original project in October - and yet it is just recently I pulled the plug on the circuit of jar stations in the kitchen. My husband likes me more now, I'm convinced.
True story, the other day this conversation happened, while we were in the kitchen. L comes running in...
Me: "L, what's the rule?"
L: "No running in the kitchen!" 
Me: "So then, don't run."
Ball & chain: "L, you better watch out. Mom's going to put you in a jar if you aren't careful."I'm working on it. But this is just one example. I saw another pin once upon a time; how perfect!


Do you know how many boxes I have of memories I want to find a way to preserve in a better way? 

  
Don't worry, I have my inner hoarder in check. I have ONE box like this of recent years... but still. Do you know how many holiday cards, birth announcements, wedding invitations, maps, tickets and postcards ONE box can hold?  I can tell you this: after seeing the same idea with holiday cards, it clicked. I got to work and now my couch has three piles of holiday cards: 2009 - 2011 neatly stacked and only one ready to flip through.  HOW PERFECT. Can't you just see it? Every year, unpacking our holiday garb to find little booklets of holiday cards from days of yore? Can't you just see it? SO EXCITING. Yeah, the husband wasn't as excited as me, either.  You know how IS as excited as me? The kid. She totally gets me. 

"Mama, this is SO cute of you." - best kid ever.
My husband on the other hand, doesn't think it's so cute. He mockingly mumbles "pin it girrrrl" more than he says "hello" nowadays while I continue to take things to far. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.