Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sisterhood

Dear Girls, 

It's about time I write a letter to our girls, together.  As much as I want to cherish this time that you are a baby girl, JJ, there is so much about everyday that I want to speed things up. Don't get me wrong. This baby baby stage is magical. Even if you hate me and won't sleep.  I cannot wait to see the two of you together in the future. Will you ooze love for each other so blatantly as you do now? Will you have your own language, as L thinks you do now? She swears she knows what you are saying, JJ. Does she? I have a hard time believing you two aren't having your own conversations.  I just can't wait to hear what you'll say to each other. Will you have conversations in your room? Will you want to be roommates as much as you do now? All of these questions, I don't have the answer to. Will I keep the monitor in the room longer than I need to, to hear these conversations? You bet your sweet baby asses. On a side note, on the subject of sleep (what?) - I'm waking both your asses up once you start to sleep as teenagers. HARD & FAST. Watch.OUT.

Back to the love at hand...  the two of you together is magic, everyday. It isn't always the best day ever (see lack of sleep, for example), but seeing you two together makes me happy. Everyday.  I've heard of this "sisterhood" thing.  Never having a sister myself, I don't think I ever really got it. I get it now. And maybe all sisters aren't like this, but I can't put into words how blessed I feel that you are sisters like this. You make each other laugh in a way we can't replicate. There is a palpable concern and love for each other I don't know that I've ever seen. L, you are so proud of each new trick JJ learns to do. When JJ does something new I'm most excited to share the news with you.  L, you're the sure fire way to calm JJ down. Likewise, you're also the sure fire way to distract her. I feel like in time you two will scheme and my hope for you is that you stay best friends as L insists you are.  Girls, I only ask that you take it easy on us. You are adorable. You are amazing. You are funny. You are smart. You.Are.Trouble. I can feel it. And I don't want to place bets to early, but my money is on L to play the innocent one and JJ to mastermind mischief. 

Love you much. Love you always,  Mama & Daddy

2 comments:

  1. This just made me teary eyed...am sending to my sisters! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True story, Liz. When I think of this whole sisterhood - I think of the Os of NH. I probably should have mentioned that.

      Delete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.