Friday, December 14, 2007

The Resurrection

This is not an embellished story. This is the truth. No matter how hard it is to believe, I write the truth.

You may remember Thanksgiving 2007 we had the unfortunate experience of loosing our first pet, as a family. Marley (of Bob Marley- named for his blue color, so he must be a boy and for his dreads) met his untimely death in what we could only assume was a sacrifice into our Thanksgiving feast. Now what I didn't tell you was with ourau pair witnessing the whole thing- I took out the plant, shook it out, moved around the rocks, Marley was not in the hiz-ous. For sure.

Tuesday, November 27th a miracle took place here at our humble abode. As I walked to our kitchen table to set it for dinner, what did I see??

Marley.

Clear as day- happy and swimming around. I promptly screamed at the top of my lungs. C & the au pair think I planted the fish to freak them out. I did not.
It's a Thanksgiving Miracle.




About 2 weeks later, the fish in L's room... Erykah Badu was found dead. Now Erykah Badu was t & g for months. Her little fish bowl gets dirty quick. After coming close to loosing her once, she had been sedated but getting better. She was a sick little fish but with a little TLC we thought she'd be back to new. And back to new she was, until her bowl got dirty again.

On 12/5/07 Erikah Badu didn't make it. She held her own for quite sometime, we knew this could happen. I let C know and we said goodbye to our sweet friend. Goodbye. I couldn't send her off to sea just then, as the baby was clearly torn up by our loss so I left the room- take her away from the site of death and all.

I returned a few hours later to do the deed when what did I see? Erykah Badu. C
lear as day- happy and swimming around. I promptly screamed at the top of my lungs.

If I could go back, I would have taken a picture of her upside down and clearly dead. BUT how was I know that we have a haunted house that brings back fish??? Now I know. NO deadfish goes un-photographed from here on out.

1 comment:

  1. I do NOT want to see what kind of crazy crap happens in that apartment in Easter. I do want to read about it though, so keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.