Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bring on the shackles. I am your prisoner.

About 3 things I was absolutely positive. First, book series sagas make me smile. Second, there was a part of me, and I didn't know how dominant that part might be, that thirsted for another fix. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with tween literary works.

It has taken weeks to write about anything, to write out my grandmother's wedding, to tell you about the happenings in the last few weeks. My very best friend from high school visited, with her fabulous and gorgeous family. The last time I saw her or her husband was at our wedding... and for how long can you really spend time with someone at your own wedding? Did I post that? Nope.

I went on vacation and brought with me the best gift a girl could ever give another. My dealer (what C calls her) let me borrow a simple book that she didn't even think I would like. And oh how I fell hard.

The book is one of a series, the ever popular Twilight series. Who knew the writing meant for 8th graders would speak to me? Speak to me to the point where I would stay up nights as late as 2 am pouring over pages and chapters to get to the next book.

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...," He murmured.
"What a stupid lamb, " I sighed.
"What a sick, masochistic lion."

And then it was over.
I'm such a stupid lamb.

After 2+ weeks of having to work 40+ hours a week and that menacing child & husband I am obligated to speak to every now and again, I was able to finish the complete series of 4 books with over 700 pages of drama, excitement, sadness & happiness. Sure the font was a wee bit bigger since these can be found in the Young Adult section of the book store. Even having to admit to that, I hold my head up high, relatively speaking.

You may think my obsession is one over exaggerated but you can talk to just about anyone who has seen me in the last couple of weeks and they will tell you it's true. It's crazy how a quote can be Incorporated into daily life or how you can drive a point home by using the parallels of vampire love. I've gone as far to seriously consider naming our next daughter Isabelle. Sure we have a niece named Bella... but the nickname of Bells makes me happy. I went to the movies on Sunday, by myself, and sat between two groups of tweens in a packed theatre with my baseball cap low and the widest smile I've had on my face since I walked down the aisle.

I'm in love. Unconditionally and irrevocably in love.

"I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever."

2 comments:

  1. OMG - A blog never spoke to me so LOUDLY. I am not a writer, and therefor can not express myself in a way that would even be close to what I am feeling. I maybe approching 40 but inside I am a 17 year old in love (and not with my husband). I feel naughty even typing that.
    I wonder what it is? I can't figure it out at all but I am never, ever this wrapped up in books/movies. We have been whipped into a frenzy, like a new army, thirsty for more.... oh wait.... I really need to slow down and take a shower or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reread it. What a wonderful piece but one thought did cross my mind...... Did you bite me or something?

    ReplyDelete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.