Saturday, September 22, 2012

Settling In

Gah. I have so much to write about, but where to begin?  I still have the shit show that was our move in drafts. It's too God damn long, because it was that much of a show.  We've been here for 4+ weeks, pretty soon we'll have been here for as long as we knew we were coming here. Not that that is saying much.  We're settling in, one box at a time. For the love, the boxes are never ending. We are getting there though.

There are so many things I heart about this place.

Our backyard is beautiful; it's the perfect size. It's big enough to be able to hang out and play but small enough where it is manageable. Sure, I wouldn't hate on a fence, but what can you do? We have a great deck, with built in benches and a boat sandbox turn planter that I am in love with. Oh, and the weather here? It's.GLORIOUS. Sure, at times I may or may not be freezing - but I have yet to give into these strange, foriegn feelings.  I keep those windows open and put the kids in layers. It's been a year since we've been able to keep the windows open and I'm not ready to give in. 

Throughout the house there are tiny little doors, that for the most part, don't open. But I love them just the same.  In the kitchen we have a non-working, built-in old school fridge. It's perfect for storage and just so freaking neat. And the details like the lighting fixtures, brick fireplaceS, and layout (sometimes) make up for the fact that said fireplace(s) don't work (I KNOW) and there isn't nearly enough light at night. But natural light? During the day, there is no shortage of light.  Most walls are 90% windows. It's becoming, (slowly but surely) our (new) home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.