Sunday, June 24, 2012

Proud Mama

I know my girl is the bee's knees. When others know and tell me so, it warms my heart in a way I can't put into words. It's a pride that fills more than my heart; my whole body. In a crazy ass, mushy mush, tears well up (literally), sort of way. 

The other day L's camp counselor, who she was with last year and has been for a few weeks this summer, commented on her. She "had to mention" how great it is to have her back in camp.

"It's amazing how much she has changed. She's such a leader, this year. She's grown up, a lot, this past year."

People see and remark on her growth. It's not just me that sees it. 

Recently our neighbor stopped me, with the sole purpose to tell me what a good kid she is. That if JJ grows up to be anything like her big sister, she's off to a great start. She wanted me to know, L is "not only beautiful on the outside but on the inside. She is thoughtful, smart, confident and delightful. For her age? It is a wonder. She's mature and a joy."

She doesn't have a lot of interaction with L, but they say their 'hellos' - and she mentioned watching her play with her little sister and hearing her talk the way she does. I was taken aback. Tears started to well up and if not for my sunglasses on, I would have rushed into my house (even faster).  Who cries over kind words about their baby girl. This girl, right here. 

She ended with saying something about how we were doing a great job. I thanked her, for her kind words. Adding that we were "trying." 

"You're doing something right." 

We are. We are trying. And it's working. Maybe she isn't as doomed as sometimes I worry she is with us (me) at the wheel.


2 comments:

  1. Love this! With awesome and kind parents like the 2 of you, it is their destiny to follow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.