Thursday, June 21, 2007

Passing Tis Test

I have been trying for 5 months now to get my doctor to smile. She is perfectly lovely, but doesn't really find me that funny. Today, however, I cracked myself and C up- along with her. Finally.

To start off with -I had a doctors appointment yesterday. I needed to take a glucose test. For those of you that have no idea what this is- it's a drink that tastes like flat extra sweet, almost thickish coca cola. After an hour, I have to get blood drawn, which is probably my least favorite thing in the world to do. Shocking, I know another thing to add to "the list." This checks for glucose load in my system- basically screening for diabetes in pregnancy.

Knowing this- you would have thought I would have steered clear from the lbs. of potato salad I ate in the afternoon. I didn't. So after chugging this nastiness, this Haitian nurse just kept repeating, "You betta pass tis test." as if at this point I have a choice. Turns out if I do not pass this test, I have to come back for a 3-hour glucose tolerance test that includes needing to eat certain foods for 3 days, ending the joy with a fast. You know I'm going to have to do this, don't you? I do.

Anyway, after several warnings from that nurse, another nurse comes in to lecture us about the fact we haven't signed up for a birthing class then continues to push her position on breast feeding and dispense the propaganda. It's amazing. Anyway, this continues on rinse and repeat with other warnings about how I "better pass the test" and she's off where we wait once again for the doctor. WARNING FOR THOSE READING THIS who have not have children yet: make the decision on what to do formula vs. breastfeeding, make yourself a t-shirt to notify people passing by as well as all those that might as you, save yourself sometime. That's what I'm going to do. If you're interested. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

$25.00 for one, get two for $35.00- this is going to send our kid to college, I'm telling you.

The doctor comes in goes through her questions- she comments that the swelling in the ankles, still going strong- but not as humid out = not as grotesque showing of the cankles as last time. (not on those words, she's a little too bland for that) She too asks the question on everyone's mind... "Will you be breastfeeding?" I assure her - yes yes yes- I will I will, sign me up- check off the box. She doesn't seem as passionate about the subject, so I'm falling in love with her a little bit. Sure, I can't make her laugh- but she's not pushing let pamphlets and the benefits down my throat- so I'll take it.

Next she asks, "Now, have you thought about this? What do you want to do about birth control?"

Immediately with out hesitation I practically scream, "GET ON IT!" And then the most amazing thing, she laughed! She really laughed! C laughed too- it was happy moment. Until I said, "well, actually - I don't even think we'll need it for while..." C stopped laughing, and the doctor laughed harder.

-jCg

3 comments:

  1. Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! We are an international sensation... now if I only knew what it says.

    According to my keen ability in observation I'm thinking he is trying to get involved in our t-shirt venture... any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to Babelfish on Altavista he says "Oi, I found yours blog for google tá well interesting I liked this post. When to give gives passed for mine blog, is on personalized t-shirts, shows step by step as to create a well personalized t-shirt way. Until more."

    In fact, it looks like he wants you to do your t-shirt printing with his company http://camisetapersonalizada.blogspot.com/. You should creat a well personalized t-shirt way.

    ReplyDelete

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.