Friday, June 5, 2009

Punk'd

I thought I would take some time with the offspring and try my hand at garden dresses, pearls and the moms of CT ... looks like the tides have changed. While we are moving to CT, I am going to be taking on a new position with the company I work for. They have offered me a great opportunity to work from home and take on an exciting project. We'll work through the details in the coming weeks/days before we move and then I'll be working from home and C & I will be sharing an office... god willing we don't kill each other first.
It's always an adventure. I truly TRULY thought I was leaving and going to be able to spend more time with L - doing more fun stuff together and less just bedtime stuff together... parks, and libraries, visiting friends & family, concentrating on my tan this summer and making sure she is fully lathered up with sun screen (of course), but the best laid plans. I tell you what.

It is very exciting - obviously I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't want to - I talked a lot of game about staying home but while I really wanted to WANT to say no to this opportunity, I found it way too tempting to try to have it all - more time with L & a little outlet with the wild world I have been apart of for over 6 years. I am very excited to take on the challenge ahead and see if we really can have it all. We'll see how it goes! I hope that having a more flexible schedule I'll be able to spend more time with the baby before she becomes too much of a big girl. Who am I kidding? She is way past baby and INTO terrible twos already. Why I make plans or announce them is beyond me. Things change faster than expected and my plans no matter how well thought out usually seem to change.

After mass emails went out to friends and family, blog posts, announcements to co-workers who have become friends, my team and colleagues and more than a few tears I take it all back. Ashton, you can come on out. I've been punked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.