Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Other White Meat

The ball & chain is the chef of the house. Can I cook? Sure, I think it's possible. The thing is, the man loves it - my feeling? Why take something away from him that he loves? What kind of person would that make me? Also, he's way better at it than I am.  Why mess with perfection? Homeboy can COOK.  He can also bake... that I won't even try to attack. It isn't worth the pain.  There are somethings that I can cook better or he hates cooking - for those things I rock the kitchen.  By in large, though, he's the head chef of the house.

The kid loves to help, which may sound crazy since she's 3 years old - but she loves it. She has (almost) mastered breaking eggs, whisking eggs, stirring anything, putting things in the toaster, putting things in bowls - no cutting and the stove is off limits - but other than that she is in. She loves it and I love that she loves spending time with us (mostly her Dad) during that time.  It keeps her busy, off the boob tube, and engaged. It also gives us yet another opportunity to record a wacky quote.
The other night she helped with making chicken cutlets... 
C: "Want to help me make chicken cutlets?"
L: "No. I don't like it."
C: "What don't you like?"
L: "The cock lets. I don't like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.