Monday, April 11, 2011

Proof: My family thinks my husband got a raw deal.

I have said before I am fairly sure my family loves my husband more than me. Maybe love is a strong word, perhaps it's best to say - they like him (much) better. 

Exhibit A:
Me: "Hey Nanny! How are you? It's been so long since we've seen you!!" (Genuinely happy to see my grandmother.)
Nanny: "Your daughter is so nice. She takes after the father."
Me: "That's nice. She's a great kid." (Trying to move past that out of nowhere sucker punch and rethinking my excitement.)
Nanny: "Yes, she is very nice. Like the father."

Exhibit B:
The scene - the ball & chain and I were kidding, albeit in poor taste, that he was getting so aggravated with me he might slap me silly. Like I said, totally poor taste. 

Ball&Chain: "If I hit your sister, would you turn a blind eye?"
Brother: (pauses) "Sure."
NanaLu: "What'd she do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.