Friday, April 1, 2011

The only thing good about a musical Grey's Anatomy...

One might think it's the end. One would be wrong. It would be listening to the ball & chain comment on the episode.

A few disclaimers:
  • I love Grey's Anatomy. 
  • I love the music that has been highlighted on the show and some of it is the soundtrack to important moments in my life
  • I know I'm no JLo, but if I'm being honest, I totally dug Chyler Leigh's (Lexie) voice. Sara Ramirez (Callie) did a great job, vocally speaking and I was surprised that Ellen Pompeo (Meredith) didn't bomb.
  • There were sections of the story line that was very good. The singing couldn't prevent me from crying. The story was a good one.  I am tempted to blame it on the baby and pregnancy hormones. 
All of that said... the episode was a train wreck I couldn't turn away from. To Glee-tastic the episode in general seems wrong on all levels, in general. Then singing literally and referring to literal situations that obviously the song is not about - bananas. Breaking into song while operating? That seems unprofessional. The silver lining? My husband.

Maybe the one liners won't do it for you - but they did it for me. Unfortunately he could only stay for 20 - 30 minutes then he left saying it was that or ending it all.

  • Do you think Fonzy's calling - asking for his shark back?
  • Do you think Patrick Dempsey is thinking - do you think I'll get a movie offer after this?
  • Someone should hit him with a truck? (the moment Owen started singing)
  • No. No. No. OH God (this was likely the first thing muttered every time a new song started)
  • I don't like this show, but if they didn't have singing, this would have been a very good episode.
  • Just when you thought this couldn't get more uncomfortable... (when they all started making out and singing Running on Sunshine)
  • Oh god. I don't think I can do this. I am embarrassed for everyone involved.

There were some definite one liners that I couldn't remember - but if this episode has taught me anything it's get the keyboard ready.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
The thought to even start writing down what the ball chain was saying is absolutely inspired by Kelly Oxford - if you don't you should follow her @kellyoxford or check out her blog you should; even Time Magazine says so. It's just snippets of hilarium. Like when she wrote down everything her husband said while watching Oprah's Favorite Things episode 1.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

    I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

    (c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.