Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful

I'm thankful for so much, I almost don't recognize the optimistic me.  It's quiet moments like this I am thankful for.  Mornings like this one, sipping delicious homemade ice coffee, watching whatever my heart desires and quiet all around. The ball & chain goes spinning.  If you ask me, exercising, being hot, blaring loud music on a bicycle sounds like torture that should be illegal- but he loves it? Who am I to say not to go? Plus it means he and the kid get some time post hell to go swimming. Me? I get to sit, quietly, on mornings like this.  Thankful, indeed. 

I am most thankful for the kid, who wouldn't be?  I am thankful for her constant... "Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama." And her follow up, "I love you."  I am thankful for all things offspring, including my partner in crime in raising her - the ball & chain.  My grandmother asked me on Thanksgiving, "How she get to be so good?" (heavy accent implied).  I answered, wholeheartedly, it's a team effort.  I know how blessed we are to have that kind of team work.  I don't know how people do it with out that kind of teamwork. Truly. 

This year, I'm thankful for the upcoming holidays. They are usually filled with stress, travel and mayhem.  I've said it before - time and again: we are staying home for the holidays.  Finally the threats rumors are true.  We are (mostly) staying home for the holidays. I can't wait to stay in PJs all day, open presents with out a crazy fever that stresses me down to the core, and not worry about the next stop in our trip.  For the first time, in forever, we are doing what WE want to do and not what everyone wants us to do.  That's a real Christmas wish come true.  It's baby steps, but I'll take it.

We spent Thanksgiving with Poppa & Cami.  Super fun and while travel was required we were gone and back in two days, with a full weekend ahead of us (see thankful for quiet time above).  Christmas Eve AND Christmas will be spent at home (you all are welcome to stop by).  I'll be the one in PJs for the better part of the day, enjoying every moment.  MyUncleChris & Nana Lu will be in attendance (don't forget to pack your PJs).  Santa & I spoke last night, by way of Black Friday sales, L is going to have one seriously wonderful Christmas.  On the 26th we'll make our way to Poppa & Grammy and the whole crew of cousins, aunts and uncles on the ball & chain side with a quick return home. I'll work that week, with the exception of one day in between Christmas & New Years where Poppa & Cami will come for an extended Christmas celebration at our house.  Notice a pattern? Lots of 'at our house.' 

Christmas. Miracle.

I'm thankful for our family traditions to come and the family that we will be.  I'm thankful for everything that we have and everyone we know; for everyone apart of our life.  We have an amazing family and group of friends. To quote another friend, I'm thankful for friends that will be family forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.