Sunday, September 23, 2007

MIA

Today was our one year wedding anniversary. At one point, earlier in the day I realized this time, last year, my mom thought I had made a run for it.

I was MIA- I should have been at the hotel getting ready, but on my way to the hotel from getting my hair done I decided to get a mani & pedi... thought it would "just take a minute" but of course it did not. Instead I was about an hour late getting to the hotel- and by the time I checked my phone I had about 60 missed calls. I forgot my phone in the car. The people in the salon kept asking me if there was something special today- I said wedding. They would say what time... I would say in an hour or two- and a massive panic would come over their face. At one point I had literally 4 people on me- one on each hand and foot. It was great. They sure were panicked though. I couldn't see the clock from the seat, and I was confident I'd make it all in time- all I had to do was slip my dress on at this point. I had my hair done, my make up was caked on- what's the rush.

Midway through the beauty treatment I saw the clock and realized what the panic was all about. I also realized I left my phone in my car. I asked if I could run out and let someone know I was going to be a "little" late... and when I got to my car I saw the million missed calls. I listened to the messages.... KW left a few messages one of many saying

"I'm going to kill you. You stopped to get your nails done. Didn't you? Where are you? I'm going to kill you."


"It's me again, your mom is roaming the hallways. Where are you? I'm going to kill you."

Or while 1000 missed calls from her, only one message from my mom.

"Hey, it's mom. How are you? What are you doing? (trying to sound calm) Okay just calling to say hi. I don't want to bother you, but wondering... okay call me."

Apparently my mom was pacing the halls- trying not to show how nervous she was that I was a runaway bride. Everyone knew that was what she was worried about- that I'd never show. Ironic- here I sit wondering the same thing- where is MY child and after all of this- is (s)he not going to show?

This kid better have a good excuse... like I did.

Meanwhile, it's crazy to me to think that in one short year, how much everything has changed- or how slow time has moved because it feels like a lifetime away from that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.