Friday, November 30, 2007

Facebook is Vodoo

Just a few days ago I wrote about Facebook and how I can't believe the technology that we have and wondered where will it go next? I have the answer, and so quickly! That never happens. Alas, the good news stops there, as technology has gone to the dark side.

I did not know this, and I'm so curious (read here paranoid) to know what else it can do... but did you know that Facebook (to be referred to as the Grinch moving forward) has technology that has your computer alert the Grinch of purchases you make online and then post it? Well neither did one unsuspecting husband buying a present for his wife, and since this couple is both on the Grinch, that unsuspecting wife now knows what to suspect for Christmas.

Here you thought the Grinch was a mean one that sang in rhymes and tried to steal all the holiday cheer from the Whos of Whoville... nope the Grinch is a social network that has no barriers of privacy which promotes the throwing of farm animals and transparency of your moves on the Internet. Watch out. This could get messy and you very well may learn far more than you ever intended from your friends or those in your network. Suspecting girlfriends everywhere breath a sigh of relief- but for me, while I don't have much to hide (clearly) I think it is socially irresponsible and something I'd get on a soapbox about.

Don't believe me? See the article that explains it all. To make this story even more interesting... the Grinch stole Christmas from my very own Shan & Sean Lane! Learn more about how the Grinch stole Christmas by clicking here, there are no repercussions or postings of your actions, if you do. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.