Monday, August 10, 2009

The Move Status

Thanks be to facebook I don’t have to remember every detail of my moving day – my status updates do that for me.

The morning of June 28 started at 6 am with a trip to D&D. I should have saw it as a sign that my favorite, Lillian wasn’t there. There was no tear goodbye for me & Lillian, my favorite. There were folks who wished me luck and those that were in denial I was leaving – but the truth remained, it was D day – moving day. And at 6:30 am I thought it would all go swimmingly – what a fool I was.

There were only a few things to do before the movers came – make sure the parking spots we reserved were empty and take part the crib.

By 9:15 am (movers ETA 9am, originally) were going to be late & I had already had to call 911.

I was told I may have overreacted... but it wasn't about the late movers; some joker didn't pay attention to the no parking sign. And while I didn't want to have them towed I have to. Karma is a bitch and I'm going to get it for calling this in. I made sure to ask 911 to see if we can notify the idiot first before we tow. And then the joker came out and THANKED THE COP like it was solely his idea to not tow him/ and gave ME the stank eye. Mother chucker.

While it seems like more of a 311 thing than a 911 thing, when I called the police dept they yelled at me for NOT calling 911. Then I called 911 and they yelled because to the question what make & model of car my only answer was mini coop. Apparently this is not the correct answer.

By 9:44 am first mirror of the day broken. 7yrs. By 9:46 am the tally was up to 14 years.

At 12: 05 I realized hiring movers was the best money I have ever spent. EVER. That was until 12:35pm when I asked if they wanted lunch and next thing I knew I was on a wild goose chase for pastrami and steak and cheeses.

Once I opened up that can of worms, I had comments pouring in and texts coming in wondering why I would even consider feeding the poor bastards that were making their way up and down my stairs – 4 flights and a literal truck load of sht.

By 3pm the movers were done and on their way to CT while I finished cleaning up and patching holes. I sat on a bare floor waiting for spackle to dry, waving white flag never to be nice and feed hard workers again.

At approximately 4:30 pm I stopped updating FB because of all the horror things I had to deal with, I broke my vacuum before I could finalize clean up – last thing to do was the staircase. It’s at this point I pretty much lost my mind. I had to go to 3 stores to buy another dang vacuum.

Who else would moving day end 16 hours of moving, cleaning and commuting to our new place? Broken vacuums, goose chases for pastrami and watching paint dry.

Never moving again. This place is where we will breathe our last breath. It’s going to be glorious.

Until C called me to let me know our upstairs neighbor is Mrs. Jenkins from in living color. "I don't gossip, so you didn't hear that from me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.

I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.

(c) 2007 all rights reserved. aka don't be a D and swipe any content, photos, etc - sucka. Should you be tempted, let me know so I can be flattered and then give me something write about.