At
first it was a bit heartbreaking to explain that MyUncleChris
was not going to be sleeping over on Christmas - even though she thinks he always
does. I guess that's the thing when you are 4, if the only Christmas
you really remember is your 3rd - of course everything that you remember
is what you always do. Now, she understands we won't have the
same house full of people or that we won't have anyone coming over like
we did last year. It wasn't like we had our entire extended family over,
but with two out of three sets of grandparents and one out of three
uncles or aunts - those numbers plus a super small apartment? This meant
a full house. This year it's the four of us.

To make this year special, seeing as she wasn't going to be seeing everyone, she's been involved in the gift giving process. While it would have been 1000% (no typo - I meant to go over - way over- 100%) easier to just do the shopping myself or only shop online and have people wrap their own presents and or spend the wrapping fee (which kills me); since L loves to go shopping we included her in every present. She loved it. If there was a choice - she picked it out. If we were given a store to shop in, she did the selecting. She helped to wrap every present and ch0ose every ribbon (which will promptly get smashed en route). She even decorated some of the boxes we shipped things in and carefully chose which pictures to send. If she could have addressed the boxes, she would have.
I love this kid. And I can't wait to see what's to come. Wrapping, ribboning & decorating the box made her ridiculously happy. When her wildest imagination of toys, clothes & accessories explodes in her living room? She may combust. And to help her sister unwrap a few goodies of her own? I just don't know my heart will be able to handle the joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Use your words. You can do it, put your back into it.
I apologize I have use word verification. Stupid spam-bots. Fist in the air, it's all your fault.